Tailgating may seem like just an excuse to party outside, but for football fans, it’s serious business. In fact, prepping to pre-game takes quite a lot of work! It’s often a day-long event, and planning for it goes well beyond wearing your team’s jersey. (Although you should do that, too!) Here are some things you’ll want to bring with you:
- First things first: Bring your tickets! This may seem obvious, but you don’t want to be the one who arrives at the parking lot early just to turn around.
- A playlist of songs to rev up the energy. Choose your songs and then turn your Bota Box into a smartphone speaker! All you need is an empty Bota Box, scissors, a ruler, clear tape and a pen. Get instructions here.
- Munchies to graze on throughout the day. Bringing food to mindlessly pick on is crucial, such as chips and a yummy dip like this avocado and corn salsa.
- A freestanding grill (such as a hibachi) and grilling accouterments including propane or charcoal, lighter fluid, and matches.
- Hearty fare to grill and fill you up. You can stick to basics like burgers and hot dogs, or you can get more creative with barbecue chicken, flank steak or barbecued belly of pork. For a vegetarian option, try this black bean burger recipe. Bring a cooler to store ingredients.
- Condiments such as salt, pepper, ketchup, mustard, and relish. Stand them up in an empty Bota Box for easy access.
- Eating and cooking essentials like barbecue tools, napkins, fork, knives and aluminum foil, which has so many uses during tailgating, from cooking on the grill to keeping food warm (and bug free!), and storing leftovers.
- Collapsible chairs and a folding table to give your feet a break and make for easier eating. Don’t have an easy-to-transport table? Grab a few TV stand tables to scatter around your area.
- Outdoor gear to protect you from the elements. Depending on the weather, this may include a hat, warm clothes, gloves, sunscreen, sunglasses, raincoat and bug repellent.
- Garbage bags for cleaning up. Make sure to take home whatever you brought with you – including your mess!
Bonus tip: One thing you don’t need to bring with you? A bottle opener! Why? None needed for your Bota Box wine. Thanks to the compact, portable, shatter-proof box, you can enjoy premium wine anytime, anyplace.